For a few years now I’ve been making homemade granola, mostly because 99% of store-bought granola has additional, preservative based ingredients, too much sugar, etc. AND its expensive! Making granola on your own, especially when all of your ingredients can be purchased in bulk bins (thank you whole foods!) — saves so much money!!
Let’s get to it. This is one of my newest and FAVORITE blends I’ve ever made.
The combination of tart cherry, with sulfur-free dried apricots. Oh baby. Trust me, you’ll never want to buy granola again after making this!
Perfect paired with a yogurt bowl, a quick mid-day snack or if you’re my boyfriend.. dessert, paired with ice-cream (and that dessert is a big ol’ bowl let me tell you.)
Sweet Tart Granola
2 cups rolled oats (purchase 100% gluten-free oats to make this into a GF recipe)
1 cup toasted slivered almonds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
2 TB chia seeds
1/4 cup coconut oil (or canola oil)
1/2 cup honey
1 cup diced apricots
1 cup dried cranberries
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together rolled oats, almonds, sunflower seeds and chia seeds.
- Pour canola oil (or coconut oil) into mix, then measure honey in the same measuring cup. (The oil will help the honey come out of the measuring cup.)
- Mix well.
- Pour onto a lipped cookie sheet and spread oats out evenly.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, mixing granola around every 10 minutes or so to cook evenly. Should be a golden brown color when finished– and smell MAGICAL.
- When granola is done, add back into original bowl.
- Add apricots and cherries. Mix well.
- Stir around every 10 minutes or so while cooling to avoid clumping!